It was a great privilege to hear American Decency Association’s (ADA) Bill Johnson and American Family Association’s (AFA) Buddy Smith discuss important topics from their past and vital things of the present and future. If you missed out on this compelling interview, I encourage you to go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8APix_o-qA and watch it now. You won’t want to miss our upcoming Zoom this Thursday, September 3 at 1:00 PM (EST) as Bill and Buddy continue what they started last week. It’s sure to be worth your time.
Let me whet your appetite with some scenes from last week’s Zoom meeting (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8APix_o-qA):
· Most believers enjoy hearing about the salvation experiences of others; we were blessed to hear about Buddy’s journey from “death to life.”
· Both Bill and Buddy have a rich history and relationship with American Family Association’s founder, Don Wildmon. It was a treat to hear how Buddy was pulled in to the fight against local pornography, how he was moved from preacher to activist!
· Bill also has a long history of fighting pornography; he shared about his experience in Newaygo County.
· Don Wildmon is a pillar of integrity and both these men look up to him. Listen to a few of the humorous stories told about AFA’s founder and his insistence on being a good steward of the money entrusted to him. A mark that ADA’s founder achieves as well.
· One of my highlights was listening to the account of Don Wildmon taking on Sears and Roebuck in regard to their advertising dollars. Included in this is how Don called the church to be good stewards of what God has given them - finances, time, and family.
· A concern that hits every true believer was touched on: Is there a difference between the lives of those who are in the church and the lives of those who are in the world. Too often the answer is no because the world has infiltrated the church when it should be the other way around.
· The above point brings us to the American Family Association’s new documentary: "In His Image." This is a movie that is meant for the church. Most everyone today knows someone who is entrapped by the LGBT ideology. We must know how to reach out in God’s love to this confused group. Satan is a deceiver and he has deceived many in and outside the church regarding this ideology. Bill showed the trailer for this documentary and you will want to see it. Go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8APix_o-qA and watch this interview; I urge you to watch this clip.
Bill and Buddy had so much to talk about and share with us that we are continuing this interview on Thursday, September 3 at 1:00 PM (EST). You won’t want to miss the compelling conversation that is sure to take place.
Here’s the link to join us Thursday: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86486313094?pwd=cmRpNGJNY1pDMW5lTGloeVhqSjRCZz09
Or you can join by phone with this number: 1-312-626-6799
Meeting ID: 864 8631 3094
Invite your family and friends to watch with you!