What a rousing, encouraging, patriotic song is God Bless America! “God bless America, land that I love. Stand beside her and guide her through the night with the light from above.” What a prayer! I have loved to sing this song with patriotic vigor! But, today, at this point in America’s history, isn’t it, as one of my coworkers commented this morning, a bit presumptuous? Sadly, I must admit it’s so.
After all, God HAS blessed America, only for her to nationally take those blessings and that opulence for granted, pridefully believe that we built all this ourselves, and, finally, lift up the will and law of man over the will and law of God.
In the past, there would be a national call to fasting with brokenness and humiliation; we would repent of our sin, crying out to God for a renewal of those blessings, recognizing that if we would have Him stand by us, we must humbly and gratefully stand by Him.
I would have to agree that it’s presumptuous to ask for God’s guidance when we steadfastly desire to walk in our own way, trampling God’s grace, nationally, rather than growing in His grace. Having asked for wisdom and guidance but refusing to walk in that which God has so graciously supplied through His Word, we find the words of James 1:8 describing our nation today, “A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.”
Many of our readers love this country even though they are saddened and lament what she has become. Many of you love the Lord and desire to see Him glorified, not only by your life, but by our nation as well. So, I, with humble anticipation, invite those who long to see broken repentance, by God’s grace, shadow over this land, to join us for the National Day of Prayer.
When: Thursday, May 4, 2023
Where: American Decency
203 E. Main Street,
Fremont, MI 49412
Join us in person or on Facebook Live!
As we humble ourselves before God, praying in agreement, here are a few of the many issues that are particularly heavy upon our hearts. We pray that God will rule and overrule regarding:
* Transgender issues that are affecting us locally as well as state and nation-wide. M.D. Perkins, producer of the film In His Image, will be joining us virtually to pray against Satan’s attack on the image of God.
* Rep. Joseph Fox has done a pre-recorded prayer for us.
* The CCP’s Gotion electric vehicle battery plant that’s to open in the Big Rapids area is also of great concern.
* Other concerns including, but not limited to: the culture of death vs. the culture of life, embattled churches and families, our persecuted Christian brothers and sisters around the world, national protection and direction and leadership, the strengthening of believers – that they will be rooted and built up in Christ.
* There will be an “open mic” time for individuals who would like to voice their prayer publicly.
* Our dear friend, Pastor Gene Walters, will be closing with an urgent prayer for national repentance.
May we continually, every day, prepare our hearts and minds through confession and, as necessary, repentance, in coming before a holy God, seeking His face, His will, His grace, and His blessing.
“Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the Lord, till he come and rain righteousness upon you.”
You can support ADA financially by visiting: https://give.cornerstone.cc/americandecency