Whether one is a history buff or not William Federer makes history enjoyable. He can take a date, attach a thread to it and run through years and decades until he finally arrives on the shores of today, hinting at both application and often a spiritual message.
The American Decency Association (ADA) is pleased to bring this prolific author and historian to our headquarters in Fremont (203 E. Main St.) at 7 PM on Friday, April 27 and to Grand Rapids (DoubleTree By Hilton Grand Rapids Airport; 4747 28th St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49512) at 9 AM on Saturday, April 28.
Come join us for what is sure to be an informative time, shining the light of historical background upon the contemporary landscape in which we live.
Never heard of William Federer? If that’s the case, I would encourage anyone to check out his “American Minute” here or even sign up for his daily email which includes numerous interesting pictures to accompany the brief history he shares. Another way to know more about this amazing historian is to watch his “Faith in History” program found on the TCT network. These “lessons” can be viewed online and TCT has archived several of the latest episodes here, each being about 28 minutes in length.
Join us on either April 27 at 7 PM or April 28 at 9 AM and learn:
· How God’s sovereign hand affected America’s freedom before there was even an “America.”
· How God's presence was evident at our nation's founding in the men who fought for independence and shaped our Constitution.
· How did America go from Pilgrims seeking freedom to express their Judeo-Christian beliefs to today’s discrimination against those very beliefs in the name of tolerance? Discover how tolerance evolved from Pilgrims to Puritans; from Protestants to Catholics; from Liberal Christians to Jews; from Monotheists to Polytheists; from All Religions to Atheists; to only Politically Correct
· In relation to Islam, how did America’s government go from Barbary pirates to “best friends”?
· How can we bind the hands of tyranny, once more setting America free?
This should prove to be a very exciting time of learning about our past, recognizing how it affects us today, and moving us to discuss and act for the sake of America’s future.
It’s appalling how few (young and old alike) know true history in general and our own history specifically. Without a good sense of our history, we are disconnected from our past; we lose a sense of who we are and where we came from. As people walk around today with a form of historical Alzheimer’s, they have not only forgotten their past, they have also forgotten their ancestors and even, in part, who they are.
Because of limited space, if you plan to attend this event, you need to register. We can only guarantee a spot to the first 135 registrants in Fremont and to the first 100 in Grand Rapids. So, call Kimberly at (231) 924-4050 or email us at email@example.com.
To support our efforts please click here or mail your gift to American Decency Association (ADA), PO Box 202, Fremont, MI 49412.
American Decency Association is a member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability.